Back End Developer
Contigo helps people manage and secure the things important to them using advanced wireless and location technologies. We develop and manage the industry's leading location-based services platform for fleet management, asset-tracking and lone worker safety applications. Contigo was named as one of the 10 Mobile Companies to Watch in 2009 by IDC Canada, a Top 25 Ready to Rocket company for 2008 and 2009, and a winner of the Red Herring's Global 100 Award for 2010.
We are looking for a Back End Developer to develop the backend component of our multi-tier, multi-tenant software applications.
The ideal candidate is highly-motivated and passionate, and is looking for a challenge in a growing and profitable company. We value creativity and innovation, and willingness to step up to the plate. An ability to work in a team environment is critical. You must be a self-starter, and be able to work independently with a "get it done" attitude.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, bonuses, education funding, and a relaxed but challenging work environment. Our team is second to none, and you will work with highly talented and creative people.
- 4+ years of Java development experience
- Strong in Spring Framework, Apache, Tomcat
- Knows Spring configuration parameters
- Built a backend Spring application deployed in a Production environment
- Adept at finding solutions to various software architectural concerns (scalability, performance, availability, etc.)
- Good knowledge of design patterns
- Good Linux/UNIX knowledge (able to do basic monitoring of Linux performance via 'top', 'vmstat', etc.)
- Eclipse or Intellij IDE
- Strong analytic skills
- Must be a team player, self-starter, organized, and detail-oriented
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Enjoys learning new technology
- Agile methodologies (especially Scrum)
- Android and/or iOS development experience
- Postgres or MySQL or Oracle
- NOSQL (e.g., Cassandra, Hadoop, MongoDB)
- Good understanding of web development frameworks
- Development experience with TCP or UDP protocols
- Scaling web sites
- Maven, Gradle
- Experience with location-based services
- Experience with load and performance testing tools
- Experience with cloud based infrastructure (e.g., Amazon EC2)
- Bachelors Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or related discipline.
If interested, please submit your resume/cover letter to email@example.com. We appreciate your interest, but we are only accepting candidates local to the Vancouver, BC area at this time. Thank you.